Wednesday 5 March 2014

Clients, Photos and Descriptive Words

This is one of a series of drawings I completed for my Yr 12 Visual Arts major work. Completely freehand, it still surprises me that the perspective works properly and that the entire image turned out as well as it did. The truck itself is a smaller version of those driven by my father in the Hunter Valley Coal Mining region.








Big Ben - London
I took this photo on an International Conference back in 2011, where my excitement to see famous British buildings was thinly hidden behind my even more obvious aversion to the cold weather and wind. I suppose the interesting thing about Big Ben is that the tower itself is named the Elizabeth Tower (since 2012), while the nickname Big Ben, for the clock and the tower, is really just for the bell inside. Although over time the nickname has grown to encompass the entire tower structure due to it's significance in the London skyline.








This photo was taken on Ko Phi Phi Island, just off the coast of Phuket in Thailand. While not naturally beautiful, this image shows an international group of volunteers who all spent 10 rain and mud filled days building a community centre for an underprivileged Thai community. This trip still remains one of the most beautiful parts of my life due to the people, the islands natural beauty and the fact I got to go snorkelling for the first time!



Revival Cycles - Motorbikes
Noun: Tyre
Verb: Rolling
Adjective: Worn

Steinway & Sons - Pianos
Noun: Box
Verb: Playing
Adjective: Repetitive






Heston Blumenthal - Chef
Noun: Table
Verb: Waiting
Adjective: Geometrical

No comments:

Post a Comment