Monday 14 April 2014

Sketchup Model Progression



Drawing from the ideas of my axonometric's and the idea of the "Space Between", I have combined my clients concepts so as to focus on a public and social space where the building itself highlights the openness of the environment. In this way the building acts as the backdrop for the public space, while the forms of the buildings interact to cast engaging shadows. By doing this the spaces within and between become more dynamic adding to the feeling of scope and monumentalising it's social purpose.

The axonometric's I used for the basis of my design were numbers 5 & 6.


Following this I have extended the curvilinear form I began with to create one monument, whilst leaving one Axo as originally designed. Forming the space between these two monuments I have created a kind of round tunnel like bridge leading to the large open space provided as the meeting place for Architectural students.
My progress thus far on my model is documented below:










No comments:

Post a Comment